Oriflame IlluSkin Foundation Review, Swatches and FOTD

Hey everyone,
Today I shall be reviewing an essential make up item which is key to any flawless make up. Yes I am talking about Foundation. Oriflame had sent me all their new launches for October 2014 and the foundation was a part of it. I have reviewed the mascara,eye liner in Black and the concealers. Today I shall be reviewing the Oriflame IlluSkin Foundation with swatches of all the shades and will let you know my experience of using the product. Read on to know more...



Ingredients:


Price: Rs.799/- for 30ml. Currently available on discount for Rs.599/- here

Oriflame's the One collection range of make up is divided into 3 categories:

Everyday Beauty
High Impact 
Long Wear



What does Oriflame say about the foundation:
HaloLight Technology to perfect and illuminate skin.
Buildable coverage for a fresh and natural finish.
Oil free formula means no shine
With SPF 20



The Foundation comes in a glass bottle which is tranparent and comes with a pump dispenser which  is purple in color. The cap is transparent and click locks. Hence you can easily travel with it. The pump is something which I absolute love as I have never used one and as far as I know only the expensive and high end foundations would provide one like this. The best part is that there is a lock so you can keep it locked when not in use so that it does not spill over from the bottle in case it is tilted for some reason when you are carrying it during travelling.

The Foundation is a part of the Everyday Beauty Collection and comes in 4 shades:
Porcelain
Nude Pink
Natural Beige
Olive Beige


Porcelain is the lightest shade and Olive Beige is the darkest according to their shade card. I liked the consistency of the foundation not very thick nor very thin just perfect in my opinion. I do have oily to combination more oily in fact. I used 2 pumps of pea sized amount for the whole face and neck. It provides normal to medium coverage and is buildable. As they have said that is oil free which is true but not completely matte it gives a lovely fresh look to the skin.



 I do use a compact/setting powder over it as my skin is oily. The shade I settled for was Nude Pink.In winters I could skip powder  as my skin gets dry. Hence I would say that those who have dry skin would have to use a moisturizer beneath it or it could get patchy. The foundation lasted for almost all day but the humidity made my face like a frying pan so I had to touch up with some powder. This foundation smells nice and is quite long lasting. It also contains SPF 20 which is good. I do not use foundation on a regular basis but this can be used daily or in my case I would use it when I am going out or for any special ocassions. This is a very good and decent foundation for everyday use and a must try when on discount.

The Good:
Easily available through an Oriflame Representative.
4 shades to suit every skin tone.
Attractive and upbeat packaging.
Comes with a pump dispenser which can be locked.
Contains SPF 20
Gives a fresh and matte finish but  not overly matte.
Coverage is buildable
Travel friendly.

The not so Good:
A bit pricey.
Dry skin beauties may find it drying hence a high grade moisturizer would be a must before application.
Contains parabens

Rating: 4.4/5

Oriflame IlluSkin Foundation is a perfect foundation for oily to combination skin and gives a decent coverage. It also makes you look fresh and has sun protection of SPF 20. This foundation is perfect for daily wear and a must try especially now when it is on a special introductory discount. Hence I highly recommend this foundation.

I hope this review was helpful and informative to everyone reading. Please leave a comment with your inputs and new bloggers/visitors may leave their blog links for me to check out.

Until next time.. Stay Beautiful ♥






Disclaimer:
(1) All views, opinions and comments expressed here in are that of the author in his/her individual capacity & Oriflame does not hold any liability, whatsoever n respect of same (2) Names, logos & other proprietary information quoted in this blog are property of Oriflame & are mentioned here for reference purpose only. (3) Any reliance on any such opinion, comments, advice, statement or information shall be at the reader's sole risk



Comments

  1. Nice and I like the shade on your skin. Yes, natural, nothing over the top and great coverage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that it stay on long period time but I wish it had more shade selection than 4 also it contain parabans. Great review doll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds good Nats
    You look beautiful
    Kisses
    Maggie D.
    <a href="http://www.indiansavage.com”>Maggie Dallospedale fashion diary- Fashion Blog</a>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the review and swatches, I'm glad you like it, I read lots of good impressions.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Porcelain looks like my shade, is very pretty too,
    xx

    www,sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pic, Natasha! Porcelain would definitely be my shade. :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post like it
    xx
    http://www.thedesire.es

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great! I would love to give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  9. since i have dry skin, i'd skip, but love that it works for oily skin girls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it suits u to the core. I will definitely check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mine is Olive Beige...I am loving the foundation..Nice review

    ReplyDelete
  12. very well reviewed nats..u have such flawless skin..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look good!! Olive beige is for me. good review dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! This seems to be a wonderful option for a foundation specially for those who wants to wear foundation on regular basis... wanna get my hands on this one asap :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts