Elle 18 color burst lipstick no 15 - Roasty Red

Hey ladies,
I am back again with another post of a lipstick again. Yes I am a big lipstick fanatic and never leave home without a lipstick. This is one of the lipsticks I have been purchasing since I was in college.. Yes i'm talking about the Elle 18 lipsticks. :)


They were sold for around 70 bucks at that time and the packaging was pink. In 2010 these were relaunched again with a new avtaar and of course a price rise too.. The packaging reminds me of MAC lipsticks kind of because as many would know that MAC does launch new products with themes. Now coming back to the review, considering the inflation I still find it affordable :) I mean now a days its hard to find a well known branded lipstick for Rs.100 (4.3 ml) . The packaging is a bit flimsy but the animated woman character on the tube makes it more attractive to look at.



There is no ingredient list mentioned anywhere except that it has Cocoa Butter.






The above lip swatches are without a lipliner or lipgloss and pictures have been taken in broad daylight. Since it is sheer it did take me a couple of swipes to get the results as shown in the pictures above.


The color is a nice orangey red color, a bit on the sheer side because they do have a lip balm in the center  of the lipstick which makes it moisturising. Its a beautiful red especially for those who are scared to try a red lipstick.


The scent of the lipstick is like bubble gum, which I truly love <3  But some may find it a bit annoying.


Overall I am a big Elle 18 fan, no matter what. I have more than 15 shades which I will review in the due course of time. I wish they launch blushes and eyeshadows too some day in the future :D


Pros of Elle 18 color burst lipstick no 15 - Roasty Red
Easily available at most cosmetic stores and even online.
Good color selection.
Very moisturising.
No shimmer.
Value for money

Cons of Elle 18 color burst lipstick no 15 - Roasty Red
Does not last long on the lips.
Some shades may be on the sheer side.
Very plasticky packaging.
No ingredients list mentioned.
May melt sometimes especially if not stored in a cool place.

Rating : 4/5 (1 mark less because of absence of ingredients list)

Final verdict : I will definitely purchase this product again because I think that they are total value for money. I recommend this to even wheatish to dark skintones as it will suit them too :)

Please feel free to leave your valuable comments. It would mean a lot. Also let me know if you have tried any Elle 18 lipsticks :).

Regards,






Comments

  1. I too love Elle 18 lippies...I have Iced chocolate n prune splash.
    Lovely swatches Natasha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad u liked my review Megha ... stay tuned for more Elle 18 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D bheeeeeeeeeeeeeeery good ji ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankooooo Aps.... You are toh Elle 18 queen na :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me ur always the Elle 18 queen :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have purchased shade no 27 its awesome ...as i married last year i like to wear red lipstick but afraid because of my dusky complexion so will try this shade no 15 too..in just 100 rupees this shade is just awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is awesome dear... u must give it a try.. it is an orangey red and does not look over the top... m glad u liked my review... thankss fr stopping by.. please mention ur name next time :)

      Delete
  7. going to purchase this shade 15 soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad u liked my review Amarjot.. u cn surely purchase this :) for 100 bucks it is total paisa vasool ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts