COLORESSENCE Lipstick in no 52 - NUDE BROWN Review & Swatches

Hey ladies,
I hope you have had a good week so far. I have been caught up with few things hence I am posting a review today. My review today is of a lipstick from Coloressence in no 52 - NUDE BROWN. I had got this quite a while back. Let us see how much I like it.

Ingredients:
Active Ingredients: Almond Oil, Vit. E. Also says 100% vegetarian. No animal ingredients.


Price: I got it for Rs.100 when it was Rs.125 and guess what Coloressence has now increased its price to Rs.150/-  :/ 

Quantity: 4g.


What the company says:

A unique combination of coriander and basil extract. This lip color nourishes, protects, moisturises and is hypoallergenic. Voluminise the lips.


COLORESSENCE Lipstick in no 52 - NUDE BROWN Review & Swatches

The lipstick comes in a black and silver packaging with the name of the company engraved on the cap. The shade of the lipstick is visible at at the bottom, hence it is easier to locate the shade in your kitty. The cap shuts well and I haven't had an issue with it opening up in the purse. The name of the shade and the number are located at the bottom of the lipstick tube. But please note the packaging  has now changed to a complete matte black case.


COLORESSENCE Lipstick in no 52 - NUDE BROWN Review & Swatches


The lipstick is a nice shade of brown with a hint of peach and is quite wearable in my opinion. However, in photographs it may appear slightly darker. I personally don't use a lot of brown lipsticks now but before I  used to when I did not have a lot of knowledge about make up and there were not so many blogs to tell me  which shade is nice and which is not... Lol :D


I like the pleasant smell of the lipstick which is not very over powering. Now I know many don't like Coloressence lipsticks saying that they find it drying. This lipstick however was smooth to apply and then it did dry into a semi matte finish. I know there are issues with some of them being overly drying which I shall review in my future posts.



COLORESSENCE Lipstick in no 52 - NUDE BROWN Review & Swatches


The above swatches have been clicked in natural lighting. I applied the lipstick directly from the tube and did not use a lip liner or lip gloss on top of it. It  stays on the lips for 3 to 4 hours,  of course without a meal. This lipstick did not settle into the fine lines of my lips surprisingly. However you must exfoliate your lips before hand.

Likes:
Affordable.
Sturdy and attractive packaging.
Good pigmentation.
Variety of shades.
Available everywhere even online.
100% vegetarian.

Dislikes:
Can be drying.
Staying power.
Complete list of ingredients not mentioned.

Rating 3.8/5


My final thoughts: I have been using Coloressence for many years. I may not like all their products but  they are not all that bad. I like this shade of brown but won't repurchase it as I am into the nudes, pinks and coral phase now. But for those who like brown lipstick, I would totally recommend it.

I hope my review was helpful to all reading it. Please feel free to leave your comments and I will answer them as soon as I can.

Regards,












Comments

  1. Pretty shade Natasha, though I never use browns, they don't suit me but it looks so good on your lips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u Niesha.. i rarely use browns but sometimes u cn go fr these kinda shades for a change..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! nice shade nats! will refer this to my mum, she loves such kinda shades :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank u Aps . its a nice shade.. worth trying :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is warm shade and I have one lippie from this range I found the texture is little hard
    Nice Review Natasha :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes dear as i mentioned in my review the texture is an issue with some of them. Thankfully this one was not the same.. Thankss Radha :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this looks pretty on ur lips Natasha. Will definitely try Coloressence :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Megha for the price u must give it a try.. Thank u :)

      Delete
  8. Very pretty shade...me will get this one :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dnt like browns as well I just have one lippie which me already reviewed but this one is good shade..nice review nats ♥

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts